UDM School of Architecture

The End is Near

May 16, 2011 · No Comments

After our studio final review on Thursday and our Urban Planning final done this afternoon the work load is changing dramatically, almost as rapidly as Warsaw is transforming as the weather is changing. I have never felt a city change so much. The worn down patches of grass have bloomed and become delightfully overgrown, the sticks that are now trees have full crowns, and there is a lightness in the air that I know is just from the weather.

Over the next two weeks we will be preparing for our exhibition on the 26th. Rumor has it that it is going to be a good one, a hunch on my part seconds that. We will be working on our boards, drawing pictures, and enjoying some of the beautiful weather we have had lately in the mean time.

I am looking forward to hanging out with some of the people I have really become close to being over here since February, I will be sad to be leaving them when June rolls around. If life is full of seasons this one has gone by fast, I feel I have been here so long. It is when I think about Warsaw as home that it feels so short and my friends feel so near.

The list of priorities, like the grass on the other side, is changing from project developments and tests to “How am I going to carry all of this when I travel back?” I daresay (I realize) I am blessed to have these worries.

I can hear some of the parks that I have ridden by so many times calling me into them, and I am also feeling ambitious to check out a couple of the many museums that Warsaw has to offer.

E.W.S

Categories: Poland

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..