After 3 years at the University, I have gathered techniques on how to get through finals.
Stress levels are up, tons of work crammed into two weeks, what to do, what to do?
1) Have an agenda and a to-do list. Stick to it. Set deadlines for yourself.
2) Lunch dates. Have lunch with a friend or two. Someone who makes you laugh! Laughter is a great stress-reliever and you need to eat!
3) Carry snacks for when you take study breaks. Make sure you take breaks! Have you ever been so tired or hungry that you just can’t focus?
4) Go for a walk! Male sure you keep the blood flowing through your body!
5) Do something fun that doesn’t take up too much time. Sometimes I may watch a funny Youtube video, check my Facebook page, or do a little writing. Make sure you don’t get distracted.
6) Make someone else smile. Spread the joy!
Remember: A million things go right in a day.
Lori E. Allan
Digital Media Studies + Creative Writing